Seufert Winery

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Time marches on... and cold soak continues.

Right now, 3,000 pounds of grape flesh, skins, seeds and juice are macerating - extracting flavors, colors and tannins that will make this wine distinct from all others.

I'm going to let the temps slowly increase at this point, so fermentation will start in a few days.

I'm getting lots of valuable advice and input from more experienced winemakers. Our discussions focus on winemaking techniques to properly process grapes that got somewhat diluted by rain before harvest. We're debating sugar and acid levels, and how this year's numbers will affect the grapes from the Mcminnville AVA.

My fruit is awesome - especially compared to what some vineyards have produced. So our discussions will drive stylistic attributes rather than fundamental wine components.

Tonight, I'm debating all of the inputs I've received... which direction do I head? I must decide in the next day or two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged