Seufert Winery

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Memorial Day Open House: Thank You!

Thank you to everyone that stopped by on Memorial Day. The turnout was incredible; my winery space was packed all day long and my voice was shot by the end of the day. But it was well worth it. I enjoyed talking with each of you – sharing my story and getting your feedback.

For those that didn’t make it out, we tasted through my barrels of 2005 Pinot Noir. This provides a rare opportunity to glimpse behind the scenes of a winery and understand wine making decisions and how they affect the wine.

Each barrel of wine develops a unique personality/flavor profile, and individual preferences lead people to favor a particular barrel or two.

Then we discussed the blending process where the unique barrels are combined to create a complex and balanced finished wine. One barrel might have a great front palate presence, another might provide tannins and structure for a long finish, while a third adds fruit flavors. Blending at the right ratios yields a balanced wine.

One of the most popular questions was, "When will it be bottled?" I'm going to keep my eye on it, and if it's ready I'll aim for a September bottling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged